Bayer MaterialScience LLC continues its ongoing commient to develop and promote sustainable building solutions through innovative technologies at the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo. This year, Bayer MaterialScience LLC will focus primarily on Daylighting, Insulation Solutions, Indoor Environment Quality-enhancing products, and the North American (NA) EcoCommercial Building (ECB) Program. Below are highlights of the technologies that will be featured by Bayer MaterialScience LLC at the world's largest conference and expo dedicated to eco-friendly building.
Efficient insulation is a key component in reducing energy consumption, and Bayer MaterialScience LLC offers several insulation technologies for perimeter wall and roofing insulation. These technologies include:
- BaySystems EcoBay Commercial Wall spray foam polyurethane insulation – Reduces energy consumption, lowers operating costs, prevents air leaks and provides continuous insulation for interior or exterior applications without thermal bridging.
- BaySeal spray polyurethane roofing foam – Offers leak protection, superior wind resistance, LEED points and excellent energy performance.
- Polyurethane Raw Materials for Continuous Insulation Solutions – Energy-saving polyurethane materials for rigid polyiso board insulation used for wall and flat roof applications, as well as metal sandwich building panels that utilize polyurethane insulation. These polyurethane solutions offer a number of advantages, including significant lifetime energy savings and cost reductions.
Technologies for Interiors
Providing comfort to building occupants is a key component to sustainable building design. Greenbuild attendees will learn about the following Bayer MaterialScience LLC solutions aimed at optimizing Indoor Environment Quality:
- Mondur pMDI particleboard and medium density fiberboard – Improves indoor air quality by meeting CARB Phase 2 and no-added-formaldehyde standards.
- Low-to-zero volatile organic compound (VOC) coatings, adhesives and sealants – A range of technologies, from bio-based resins and waterborne, graffiti-resistant coatings to plasticizer-free sealant formulation options, offers improved indoor air quality over similar coatings with low odor and UV stability.
Harnessing natural light helps reduce energy use while also creating a positive environment for building occupants. Bayer MaterialScience LLC will feature the following solution for Daylighting:
- Makrolon polycarbonate multi UV 5M, a polycarbonate sheet with high light transmission – Helps reduce energy consumption by providing natural light to indoor spaces while insulating better than glass and offering greater design freedom.
EcoCommercial Building Program
Launched in April 2010, the Bayer MaterialScience LLC NA ECB Program is a collaborative network that brings together companies that manufacture innovative products and provide services to make energy-efficient, environmentally friendly and profitable building solutions possible. Network member organizations provide products aligned with seven building solution areas (Building Envelope/ Insulation; Daylighting; Illumination; Indoor Environmental Quality; Sustainable Energy; Intelligent Building; and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) that help to increase sustainability and reduce energy costs. The network's members function independently to provide services for sustainable building projects, which may or may not involve Bayer MaterialScience products.
Members of the ECB Network include industrial adhesives and sealants manufacturer, Bostik; professional services firm, Deloitte LLP; electrical solutions leader, Eaton Corporation; window manufacturer, Graham Architectural Products; architectural design firm, IDC Architects; and thermal-insulated panel manufacturer, Kingspan. Alliance organizations of the ECB Network include the Center for Building Performance and Diagnostics of Carnegie Mellon University; Bayer Technology Services; polyurethanes provider, BaySystems; and Sheffield Plastics.
A Strong Commient to Sustainability
Bayer MaterialScience LLC has a longstanding commient to sustainability and the environment, and its products have been used for decades in sustainable building and construction. In fact, the company received the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Green Chemistry Award for its sustainable coatings technologies. Bayer MaterialScience LLC is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council, a non-profit green building organization and host of the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo.
To learn more about Bayer MaterialScience LLC's green building solutions, stop by the Bayer MaterialScience LLC booth, # L1904, at Greenbuild, taking place Nov. 17-19 at McCormick Place West in Chicago.
SOURCE: Bayer MaterialScience LLC